The name of this site – Small Business Training And the tag line underneath it – Sales and marketing skills training: Win and grow more profitable business
…pretty well explain the aims of this site since 2006: Good sales and marketing communication skills have always been an essential part of the mix to anyone who is in business if they want to stay in business for any length of time, whether sole trader or owner of a small company.
Some of those skills can and do come naturally. Others can take a lifetime of trial and error working them out on your own or you can get fast tracked by someone who’s been through a heck of a lot of it and learned the hard way on your behalf…
You can contact Linda on T:+ 44 (0) 20 7209 1284 or M:+ 44 (0) 7879 628 367
Linda has over 25 years’ experience in business marketing, across a range of disciplines including some you wouldn’t necessarily expect to get answers on under the “sales & marketing” umbrella:
- Differentiating your business from every other out there that seems to be offering the same thing
- Getting customers to buy on value instead of price
- Making it easy for customers to pay you on time and…
- Effectively chasing those who don’t
- Incorporating effective networking that works
- Creating, adapting and keeping fresh an elevator pitch that actually works
- Giving and getting great referrals and recommendations
- Sending out a positive, confident image by phone, face to face and via the written word
All of the above are important but the first two should be your top priority if you’ve been used to getting “top dollar” for your services to all the clients you could cope with, but that’s no longer the case and hasn’t been for a while…
What worked 10 years ago, 5, or even 1, may not have the same relevance and (perceived) value right now or in six months time. Businesses probably need to be more ‘on the ball’ and nimbly able to respond to market conditions now than at any time in the past.
You always need to know the answers to at least 3 questions
- Which aspects of your offer are valid to and valued by your target audience to the tune that they’re happy to pay your asking price?
- Do you need to change focus of offer or audience, or maybe even both?
- Is your method and timing of delivery optimum or what could you economically do to make it so?
Quick face lift or major overhaul?
There are certain tips and fast ‘fixes’ that will help you get over what may just be temporary bumps in the road. A radical rethink of longer term strategy and skills for strong business positioning, growth and sustainable success may be needed for more serious circumstances.
Linda combines deep-strategy awareness with a thoroughly practical approach to the whole idea of what’s ‘do-able’ with the resources at hand – many of which her clients hadn’t realised that they already had access to… .
Who and what is Linda?
She is described by her clients as a Catalyst, a Facilitator, a Trainer, a Mentor and a Coach:
It depends on you and which you (or your staff) need most at any given time… If you‘re struggling don’t suffer in silence… …there are lots of ways to make contact:
Ways to make contact
- Land line Tel: + 44 (0) 20 7209 1284
- Mobile Tel: + 44 (0) 7879 628 367
- email: desk (at) smallbusinesstraining (dot) co (dot) uk
- Skype: linda.mattacks
- Linda’s ‘Social’ blog: lindamattacks.co.uk
- Social communal blog: Birds on the Blog – A community most women would be proud to be a part of – and maybe have the opportunity to contribute to…
- For Facebook, Twitter and/ or LinkedIn: Just hit the appropriate button top right
Pick up the phone and have a conversation…